Sunday 7 May 2017

Beyond the Gates of Antares - Boromites Pt.3: Work Gang & Lavamites


Greetings loyal followers and new readers.

Today I continue my progress into the Worlds of the Antares Gates and more accurately my Boromite Clan.

Clan Thanor formally of Guild Rantide:

Being ejected from their Guild by the Guildess for failure to heed to the Matriarch nature of Boromite society, they have since turned to the unsavoury act of Pirates, Bandits and Mercs. 
Hiring themselves out to both the Freeborn and the many million worlds of the Determinate.

After being ejected the outcast members of the Clan have undergone gene-therapy to enhance their skin colours to a brighter hue to reflect their new life and distance themselves from the still loyal members of the Guild.




As always my pictures suck but that's standard practice and you should all be used too that by now hehe.

Anyway first of all I'd like to thank Warlord Games for sending me my missing Work Gang heads dispite buying the sets from another Webstore than Warlord. Plus as a boon they sent a few extra heads too!

Nice!


Anyway I carried on with the paint scheme I went with in my test figures (Blog post HERE) with a deep purple flesh and Bone-white Tech/Weapons/Armour.


Below is my 2nd unit: Lavamites.

Fitted with implants, the Boromites are able to direct them in a drone-like manner. During mining operations, the Boromites use them to explore for minerals – their powerful jaws capable of tunnelling their way through solid rock to get to the ores upon which they feed.

By using Lavamites instead of more sophisticated drones the Boromites can also keep many of their less savoury operations secret from the IMTel of others.
In battle Lavamite units are employed as assault troops – they take to the battlefield in small packs accompanied by their controlling Boromite handler who keeps them in line with his lectro-lash. 

They are able to regurgitate molten rock from their stomachs and spray it at the enemy at point blank rage before clamping down with their great jaws, tearing at the enemy until nothing is left standing.



 Overall it's rather slow going and it taking longer than expected to paint these up but I'm already prepping Units 3 & 4.

Another Work Gang and some Gang Fighers for some longer range shooty stuff.


That's almost it but before I go I have to remind you that I'm stilling selling off aload of wargaming bits so be sure to check up my Ebay listings!


Ta Ta for now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...